5 Top New Free Games for Android: Week ending 8/12/2012
Looking for something to occupy your time and exercise those fingers? Check out 5 of the latest and greatest new free games to drop on Google Play! This is the first week of what I hope to become an ongoing series here on the site. Without further adieu, and in no particular order, here are the first inductees into the OMG!Droid Free Game Hall of Fame (#FGHOF on Twitter).
Are you ready to rock and revenge? Tap your way through the songs with this easy to learn rhythm game. You can play with the preload songs or your local music files by your favorite artists. Music Hero includes a brand new visual experience with beautiful lighting effects and animations.
How to Play:
- Tap the discs when passing the bar at the bottom to score points for accuracy and timing
- Support local MP3 music files
- Simple and Standard difficulty levels
- Visually striking user interface
Champions aren’t born. They’re made. Do you have what it takes to be the Soccer Superstar? Play Soccer Kicks, the most intense free-kick soccer game to practice your free-kick skills on Android. This game will give you the highest level of complete control and pinpoint accuracy.
How to Play:
- Flick the ball to kick it out
- Swipe to adjust the direction of the ball while it is in the air
- Gesture a curve on the screen to curve the ball
- Three intense game modes: Target, Timed and Practice
- 2 Player Mode (Pass and Play on one phone)
- Easy to use on-screen controls
- Amazing 3D visuals and immersive sound
Metal Gun – Blood War
The end of the century in 2100, in the long history of the 21st century we have experienced numerous interstellar wars, the face of powerful enemies that we have experienced countless times arduous battle, eventually we take the victory to defend their homes. However, due to the Earth’s abundant natural resources are always cited militants peep once aliens formed a coalition in a marching to the Earth ready to divide up the Earth’s resources. Earth today facing the most difficult moment of deep behind enemy lines to destroy the enemy’s protection measures for this to be awakened to re-join the fight needs a hero.
Developer: Fantasy Game
Babel Rising 3D! (Not new, but newly free!)
Play God Almighty in Babel Rising 3D to prevent the Babylonians from building the famous Babel tower. Unleash your wrath and mortify these arrogant humans with your divine powers. Summon bolts of lightning, massive earthquakes, meteor showers or vengeful floods upon the Babylonians: The perfect apocalyptic arsenal.
Your divine intervention will be crucial to resist to the numerous waves of miscreant builders, blasphemer priests or damned urn carriers! Rely on tactics and strategy to achieve the solo campaign and endure an epic survival mode.
There will be no mercy!
- One of the world’s best 3D graphics available on mobiles and tablets for an epic gaming experience.
- Punish pretentious Babylonians through 15 missions in the single-player campaign and test your Godly stamina in the survival mode.
- Master the 4 elements of fire, air, earth and water, each having specific powers.
- Help your fight with passive powers and divine parchments.
- Optimized controls for mobiles and tablets with a multi-touch and motion controlled gameplay to easily crush mankind.
- Access social benefits with Papaya’s community.
- Fulfill 50 challenges to increase your apocalyptical arsenal with your rewards. You might discover some surprises along the way!
Download Babel Rising 3D
Pool Mania is a billiard, which also combine Arcade Mode. It is easy to play but very addictive.
Besides, it kills time, when waiting for bus, resting, getting bord.
You will love to play it and try to get 3-star.
How to play:
- Drag to adjust cue angle
- Press button to adjust cue angle slightly
- Drag to adjust power
- Arcade Mode, up to 120 levels
- Challenge mode, try to get more score in limited time
- Easy to play, suitable for any age
- Properties: stars, covers, iron blocks
- Various tables
- More functions coming soon
There ya have it folks! Now, I’d like to hear from you. What do you think about these picks? What do you think of the roundup itself? If this is something you’d like us to do more often, drop a comment below and let us know!