Achievement Unlocked: Phonechievements puts an XBOX 360 spin on your day-to-day device usage
Phonechievement brings XBOX 360-like achievements to your mobile device
Anyone who has ever played an XBOX 360 game is familiar with the satisfying feeling that accompanies an unlocked achievement. Now, thanks to XDA Forum Member slackydroid of PixelMark, you can get that same satisfaction by completing specific tasks on your Android device with an interesting new app, called Phonechievements.
Simply put, Phonechievements supplies you with a list of unlockable achievements — some are fairly easy to obtain, while others are going to take you quite a while. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the less difficult objectives:
- Home Street Vip - Receive 10 SMS
- Decalogue - Send 10 SMS
- Initiation - Place 10 calls that are answered
- Angry Birds Fever - Have all Angry Birds games installed at the same time
- Front Page Of The Internet – Have the “Reddit is fun” app installed
Get the picture? Now, let’s take a look at some that will be more challenging to get:
- Captain Planet – Don’t charge your phone for 5 days
- Die Hard - Don’t miss any calls for the next 50 incoming calls
- High Capacity Phone – Have 1000 apps installed on one device (at once)
- Last Words – While battery on low warning, place a 10-minute long call and send 5 SMS
- Immortal - Achieve an uptime of 6 months: never shutdown, restart, or let your battery run dead (Are you freaking kidding me?!)
And here are a few that are just flat out funny:
- Call Troll – Place at least 50 calls that last less than 3 seconds
- Phoneception – Call a number in less than two seconds after receiving a SMS from it, and the call must be established
- Stalker – Call the same number 10 times in a row and talk for at least 2 minutes
- I Always Take The Bus – Charge only from an USB port 15 times in a row. The charge has to happen at a 10 hour difference from the last charge in order to be counted (There’s also a separate achievement for charging from an AC port.)
- Cave Man – Don’t connect to any data network (mobile or WiFi) for 5 days
And there are also many others for you to earn, but we’ll leave it to you to find those for yourself. Here’s a quick rundown from the Google Play Store as to how Phonechievements works:
The app consists of two main components: The main interface and the background service. The background service performs periodic checks and updates, count data and checks if an achievement has met it’s requirements. If so, it will unlock it. The main interface shows the achievements with their progress and allows different operations like sharing on Facebook the unlocked achievements.
Ready To Try It For Yourself?
Phonechievements is available for free on the Google Play Store, and is compatible with any device running Android 2.0 or greater. It’s only 485k, so you don’t have to worry about it chewing up any of your precious storage space.
It’s also worth noting that the developer promises new achievements will be included in updates “almost daily”, so it looks like we’ll definitely be kept busy for a while trying to unlock as many as we can.
Hit up the link below and give this one a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Download: Phonechievements (Free)
Discussion: Original Thread