Brief Me for Android – Your Media and Social News Dashboard
Many thanks to our friend Vanessa at Webwag, a French mobile startup which specializes in content andapplication aggregators, for bringing this wonderful application to my attention. ‘Brief Me’ was just launched and it is quite possibly the only newsreader app in the Android Market that can hold its own against Pulse News. The application, which has been in development for over a year now, features an extremely friendly UI, and boasts connectivity with Facebook and Twitter, making it a complete resource for all of your news and social media needs.Webwag has released free versions of this multiplatform news app for Android, Honeycomb Tablets, and iOS, which combines news and social media in real-time.
Keep reading for more info on this stellar app, and you’ll find a download link at the bottom of the post, as always!
Marc “Great, I have an overview of all my interests”
Laurence “The dashboard is very clear”
Amandine “I like seeing Twitter & Facebook in the same app, very handy”
Benoît “Well a full and simple application!”*ALL CONTENT BY TOPICS*
From the Dashboard (homepage) you have a bird’s-eye view of what’s happening on the topics that matter for you in real time. A topic is a combination of any of the following elements:
- Premium Media Partners
- RSS feeds
- Social networks
- Native Communication: SMS, MMS, email, missed calls
- Twitter searched terms or #hashtags
- Twitter users (experts)Alert Widget
You can add widgets directly accessible from the dashboard, two sizes of widget are available: mini and large, to fit best in the available space on the user’s dashboard.***A MULTITUDE OF CONTENTS***
With Brief me, access an unlimited number of news services:
- More than 20 premiums sources available directly in our directory as BBC World, FOXNews, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, ReadWriteWeb, Temptalia…
- Google search any center of interests
- Add RSS feeds
- Google Reader connection
*SOCIAL CLIENT *
Receiving content from social networks such as facebook & twitter, Brief me acts as a smart unified social networks aggregator:
- “Like” and comment on Facebook
- @reply, Direct Messages and Retweet for Twitter
- Post to multiple social network accounts (up to 7) at once!
- Share an article on social networks or simply by mail
Does this mean anything to you? http://bit.ly/5sg8d or http://twitpic/7sfj9 ?
Neither does it to us, so Brief me automatically expands the links for regular web sites, images and videos. You have now more information to decide to visit the original site, or not.
- Services management: a rich and elegant partner’s directory
- Open for developers: If you’re a developer or a content owner, you can very easily develop your own flowgins (plugins for Brief me) so that your content appears on Brief me.
✪✪ Brief me is available in white label for Operators, Media and device manufacturers ✪✪
You can download Brief Me by clicking on the Market banner below, or by scanning the QR Code beneath that. Happy downloading!
(By the way; if you’d like to check out WebWag’s developer site more info on the awesome stuff they do, you can do so by clicking HERE)