AOKP Build 3 now available, adds support for the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S 4G on Sprint among others
Today we were given a brand new build of AOKP. Now this is my favorite ROM, right behind Cyanogenmod. For the most part this new build is adding new devices to the list. Although there still were a few changes. Also the team is shaking up it’s releases a bit, including internal testing cycles which should make the releases even less buggy, along with weekly releases. Which is nice because we waited about a month before build 2 came out.
Here are some the devices that were added:
- Sprint/Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toroplus)
- Sprint/Samsung Nexus S 4G (Crespo)
- International Galaxy S II – Exynos (i9100)
- International Galaxy S II – OMAP (i9100g)
- International Galaxy S III (i9300)
Unfortunately the team is dropping support for Wingray and Stingray, due to the lack of maintainers for those devices. Sorry guys if you own a Motorola Xoom. Now onto the good stuff. So what was added in Build 3? Well as you know AOKP is based partly on Cyanogenmod, so we’ve got some great new stuff in this build.
- SMS QuickReply
- Stopwatch & Countdown in the Clock app (CM)
- Expert Calculator functions (Graph, Matrices, etc.) (CM)
- IME Switcher & Vib/Ring toggle as NavRing target
Now remember the compiler takes some time to compile builds for each device, so if your device isn’t there yet give it some time. Anybody ready to give build 3 a go? Let us know how it works out for you in the comments below.
Download: AOKP Build 3 Release Notes