Case Review: The Amzer Shellster Holster Case Combo Holder w/ Kickstand for the Samsung Galaxy S III
Hello again, and welcome to another accessory review for the Samsung Galaxy S III. Today, I’ll be taking a look at the first of a few different cases for the device that our friends from Amzer were kind enough to ship out to me. Once I make it through all the cases in this series, I’ll do a nice little giveaway, as I certainly won’t need that many cases for my phone. Sharing is caring, eh?
I’ll keep this one short and sweet, as it’s basically the same case I reviewed for the HTC Amaze 4G a while back, with the exception here being that the case for the Galaxy S III has a kickstand on the case itself, not just on the holster piece.
The case comes with the same familiar gripped backing, and provides the same amount of security as the Amaze’s incarnation, all while maintaining the lightweight feel you’ve come to know and love since purchasing your shiny new Android phone (something I could never say about the Amaze, unfortunately).
What I like
- Provides easy access to all ports, buttons, the speaker and rear-facing 8MP camera
- Gripped backing feels lovely in the palm of your hand (insert random fap joke here)
- Integrated kickstand is nice for watching videos or using the phone as a desk clock
- Doesn’t add much weight to the phone
What I don’t like
- Doesn’t protect the device as well as the Case-Mate Tough Case (Exposed device corners are an accident waiting to happen)
If you’re looking for extra protection for your device, without adding a lot of extra bulk, you really can’t go wrong here. The Shellster case is available on the Amzer website for $14.95, or you can save a couple of bucks and pick one up on Amazon for just over $12, with free shipping included.
At any rate, go pick one of these up, unless you’re known for dropping your phone frequently. Otherwise, this is definitely a solid investment.