Chainfire still looking for submissions for a new SuperSU icon…time to get your pixels on
I recently ran across this when checking to see if everyone’s favorite developer from the Netherlands was up to anything new. What am I saying? The guys is always up to something new! Turns out he is having a little SuperSU icon competition that has been slowly on going for a while now. It looks like the last post from Chainfire stated “It’s still coming – sorry about the delays:)” that was posted on 10-15-12 so things are still in the works.
This is what he had to say on his blog page about the competition – “A lot has been said about the SuperSU icon. Many were unhappy with the original icon, saying it lacked quality. After changing it to Super Andy, many complained the icon was not serious enough. Just as many people wrote me to say they loved Super Andy, as there were who hated it. So, I’ve decided to have a little competition. Everybody may submit their icon propositions for a while, after which we will publicly have a vote for which icon will become the new SuperSU icon.”
The rules -
- I reserve the right to veto any icon I really don’t like, or doesn’t fit with the rest of the application
- Participating means you give up any copyrights and royalties and such for the icons you submit
- The icon should be clearly identifyable at 48×48 pixels
- Please stick to the current Android colors. Blue definitely has my personal preference, as it matches the program accents. Resize and place your icon inside the app’s screenshots to make sure it fits color-wise
- You might also want to look at Android iconography (and the rest of the Android design section, really) Info on submitting your Icon
- You must create a ZIP file containing the icon in the following sizes in PNG(+alpha) format: – 18×18 – 24×24 – 36×36 – 48×48 – 72×72 – 96×96 – 512×512
You may email that ZIP file to icon @chainfire.eu Do not include your PSD file – send that one when you actually win;)
I personally like the Super Andy Icon but after checking out all the new submissions. I must say this is really going to be a hard decision. So many great Icons that have been submitted but I do have a few favorites.
Again from what I have read things are still on and Chainfire is still accepting Icons. If you have an icon that you want to submit I would get a jump on things really soon.