Chameleon Launcher updated to version 1.1, includes native Android widgets now!
Here we have one of the more expensive alternate launcher apps, Chameleon launcher. Since creation, Chameleon has received alot of criticism, the top two complaints being performance issues and lack of widgets. Well with the latest updates I’m sure many of you will change your mind about this launcher.
Before I list the full changelog, I wanna talk about some of the changes to this launcher. The absolute biggest feature of this update has got to be the addition of using native Android widgets. Yep now you can use non-traditional widgets like: Play library, Google music, and more. Another one of the bigger changes goes to Twitter, Chameleon has added inline support for retweeting, replying and favorite-ing. One last big update goes to those, like us, who use calendar alot. The calendar widget has now be updated to show an “all calendar” view as well as an events view.
Now for the full changelog:
- Added support for native Android Widgets.
- Added new widget API hooks for more access to local device data.
- All widget account selectors now have the ability to remove accounts.
- Rebuilt the Home Screen and Layout Editor to drastically improve performance.
- Improved transitions between the Home Screen and Layout Editor.
- Widget Title Bar UI elements now have hit states.
- Widget selection UI now has hit states.
- Updated the Twitter widget with inline access to reply, retweet and favorite. Widget now properly displays retweeted tweets. Added support for lists.
- Updated Google Calendar widget with All Calendars view and Event List views.
- Facebook widget got UI facelift.
- Fixed an issue with the Facebook widget loosing authentication when swapping between WiFi networks.
- The YouTube widget properly displays cached content in a no-internet offline mode.
- Improved start-up time.
- Fixed several bugs, including issues where Chameleon might freeze on start-up.
- Several minor UI tweaks and improvements.
- Adding new Wallpapers is now more responsive.