Chameleon updated to build 0.7.9 Beta
The newest awesome alternative home launcher on the block, Chameleon Launcher, has just updated to a new beta build, 0.7.9. Even though this app is only available to those who have supported the team through their Kickstarter fundraising. A few of our members here have access to the app, and aren’t fully enjoying it.
From the first few downloads of having this new home launcher, I noticed several bugs/glitches such as random force closes, a lack of widgets, and an extreme lack of features. The launcher was/is a beta for a reason, and I’m glad that I get to be part of the team that tests it out and gets to report some errors and bugs, but I feel there’s definitely room for improvement.
Well, it looks like the team behind Chameleon has been listening to its testers and has updated the app to include new features, like my personal favorite of custom wallpapers, and others such as:
Here are some of the things we’ve fixed/improved:
- Added ability to use custom wallpapers.
- Internet connection is no longer required when starting Chameleon.
- Users no longer need to enter their Google Play password during verification.
- Fixed issue where App Tray icons would sometimes be duplicated when getting App info.
- Improvements to Home Screen Manager interface.
- Improvements to Widget and Wallpaper icon graphics.
- Implemented additional Widget APIs in preparation for upcoming Widgets.
They have also stated what they are working on currently:
Here are some of the things we are still working on:
- GMail widget sometimes not working as expected.
- There aren’t enough widgets (no more widgets in this update, but subsequent updates will include more widgets).
- Widgets appearing blank (widget is still there, but no content is displayed).
- Widgets being drawn twice in the same area (text doubling).
- Chameleon can take a long time to start.
- Chameleon restarts when connecting/disconnecting from dock.
- Chameleon not working with ROM “X” (our current focus is on maximizing compatibility with official Android versions and tablets).
A quite impressive change log and future feature list coming from the guys at Chameleon. If you want to submit bugs to them they as that you do so at THIS LINK. Also, if you need to grab this update be sure to check the play store HERE. Let’s see if this update will change my mind about this home replacement app.