Download: Official Android 4.1.2 stock update for Motorola XOOM WiFi
Over the weekend, we began seeing reports that Motorola XOOM WiFi owners were starting to receive an update for their tablets, in the form of the latest and greatest Android 4.1.2, otherwise known as Jelly Bean. Unfortunately, the update still hasn’t made its way to every XOOM owner out there yet, but have no fear, as we’ve got a link for both non-rooted and rooted devices.
Before you download the update though, you may want to try heading into your Settings > Apps menu and clearing the Google Framework Services data. Our friends from Droid-Life noted that this attempts to trick the device, which may clear things up for you to directly download the OTA. If that doesn’t work, you can alway snag the update straight from Google’s servers.
Here’s how to install:
*Instructions require a USB host cable (like this) and USB drive/stick.
* You will also need to be on Android build HLK75H
1. Download the file from above and drop it on a USB stick or SD card that can be put in a USB Stick.
2. Turn your XOOM off.
3. When you power it back on, tap Volume Down at the red M logo until it says:
–> Android Recovery
4. Tap Volume Up to enter recovery mode.
5. At the green Android logo, press Power and Volume Up.
6. Plug in your USB drive to a USB host cable and then into your XOOM.
7. Scroll down to “apply update from USB drive” and select it with Power.
8. Scroll down to the .zip update file from above and use Power to select it.
9. Your XOOM will now update.
If your device is rooted and/or running a custom ROM, you’ll want to steer clear of the “official” update. Instead, head over to the original thread started by XDA Recognized Contributor, stachre. There, you’ll find a rooted, CWM’d file that will bring your XOOM up to speed.
Mondays aren’t all that bad now, are they?