Galaxy Nexus 2 mockup images surface with some amazing rumored specs
One of the most popular devices has by far been the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. And while it’s only been available for about 9 months or so, it appears we might now be seeing what the next Nexus phone might look like. For now, it’s being called the Galaxy Nexus 2, which isn’t of any surprise at all.
While we’re not sure yet if it’s made by Samsung or not, just by looking at it you can definitely see some resemblances to the devices that Motorola has made over the years. It would also make sense that Google might throw Motorola into the mix of the Nexus device makers with everything that it spent to acquire the company recently.
Below is the list of rumored specs that we could be looking forward to when we all sport one of these lovely beauties.
- Super AMOLED display with 5 inch diagonal and 720p resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- 32GB of storage
- 8GB of RAM
- HSDPA 42 Mbps connectivity
- microUSB 2.0 with MHL and USB on the go
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Back camera is a 12 megapixel sensor with autofocus, LED flash and simultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, image stabilization and face and smile detection. 1080p video capture at 30 fps
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera with 720p capture at 30 fps
- 3200 mAh battery
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1
- Quad core Nvidia Tegra 23 quad core 2 GHz processor
- GPU ULP GeForce
WOW!! That’s about all I can say at the moment. Well, other than that I can’t wait until a date is announced for this beast of a phone as I would really like to see about getting one of these. Oh, and did you see #4 on that list above ? 8GB of RAM ?!?! That’s just crazy insane if it truly does come with 8GB of RAM. That will blow away a majority of home PC’s now days.
Thanks go out to Killu-Chan for the mockup of this device. It’s definitely a beautiful looking phone and I hope when it’s finally made official that it looks just like this, or very similar.
I know a lot of Galaxy Nexus owners will be upgrading to this device, but the big question is this: How many of you current Samsung Galaxy SIII users will give up your new toy for this one ? Do you feel it’s worth it ? Is it something you’d do at any cost just to have one of these shiny new Galaxy Nexus 2 devices when it finally hits the market ?