Google+ Hangouts gets ready for the NFL season with Fantasy Football enhancements
As most of you know, Google+ is like our home away from home here at OMG!Droid. The site started shortly after G+ went into public beta, and has been gaining steam ever since.
Today, Google announced a pretty major addition to its Hangouts service, the search engine giant’s take on video conferencing that has tons of functionality already baked into it for anything from productivity to just plain old being silly.
With the NFL season literally right around the corner, Google thought, “What better way can we drive people to use our service?” The answer they came up with was to offer fantasy football fans a new way to connect throughout the season: Google+ Hangouts.
Here’s how it works in a nutshell:
- From any NFL.com/fantasyfootball page—including the Draft and Game Centers—you can now click a single button to start a hangout with your league
- Later this month, you’ll see a live indicator on NFL.com/fantasyfootball if anyone in your league is already hanging out
Fantasy football hangouts don’t stop at the draft, however. Throughout the season you’ll be able to:
- Hang out with your friends to conduct trades, review league business or just chat while watching the game on TV
- Enjoy fantasy hangouts on the go or on the couch using the new Google+ app for phones and tablets (Android, iOS)
- Get advice from top NFL Fantasy commentators as they hang out with fans and discuss the week’s results
As a die-hard Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan (and defending champion of my fantasy league), I’m excited to see this season unfold and shooting the shit with some of you on Google+. Of course, I don’t think I’ll be able to do much smack talk this season, as far as Tampa is concerned, but it will still be a blast regardless.
Who are you rooting for this season?
Source: Official Google Blog