Google Music Desktop App?
Who uses Google Music? I know I do, heavily, so heavily that I don’t have many .mp3 files anymore, just because I usually delete them for hard drive space after uploading them to G Music.
Anyways back on track, we all know Google Music could use some extra features, one such feature that it’s competition, iTunes, has over it is a desktop application. I don’t know of Google trying to implement a desktop app in the near future, and to counter that move, loyal Google Music user, Vhanla (from Deviantart), has decided to make a desktop interface for the service.
Some things to know about the service include noting that it’s only available to Windows users, and also that it hasn’t been updated in months. Maybe, leaving some comments over on DeviantArt will incite Vhanla to open back up development. He does have extra feature to note such as:
- A notification splashform
- LastFM Scrobbling
- Free RAM after song end
- Uses Webkit Engine
- Supports Multimedia Keys [PlayPause, Stop, Previous and Next] - Windows 7 Taskbar support [Buttons for: Play/Pause Previous and Next] - MiniPlayer
- Metro UI Like with Aero Snap support (it was kinda difficult to make a windows’ form with Metro design like from scratch)
- Since the music stored in Google Music online service is of our own, I added a download entry on
popup menu to get back our music as mp3 download
- Fixed bugs about popup window
- Multimonitor support
- Updated WebKit engine
Anyways give it a try to see if you like it, also remember to comment and tell Vhanla how good the app is. Download link after the pic.