Google Play Music Updated to Version 4.3.606.400990 (Incompatible with US Galaxy S III?)
Google Play Music received an update today, bringing the app up to version 4.3.606.400990. Unfortunately, I can’t get it installed on my phone to show you any screenshots, as I’m getting an “incompatible update” on my rooted, stock T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III. I’ve yet to check the forums scene, but I would imagine we’ll see a modified apk file at some point, so for now, all I have is the information from the Google Play Store. Check it below, then go get your update and let us know how you’re liking the new features.
What’s in this version:
* Now Playing queue that allows for queuing and reordering of currently playing music.
* New UI for navigation with transport controls on the action bar.
* New large album art view on Recent.
* Playlist art is now constructed from album art of songs in the playlist.
* Now Playing widget has album art and support for thumbs up.
* Harder, better, faster, stronger.
While, I must admit the new features look nice, I’m a bit saddened by the fact that I can’t try them out on my device. I’ve tried using Titanium Backup to uninstall the original version I had on my phone, but had no luck getting the new update to install. If you’re rocking a Samsung Galaxy S III (International or US) we’d love to hear if the update installed for you, and if there’s any tricks we’re overlooking for getting it to work.
I finally got it installed after uninstalling the original version with Titanium and rebooting my phone before trying to install the new update. Here’s a few screenies to make up for the false alarm: