How to fix the lag in CM10 based ROMs like Paranoid Android and Jellybro
So how many of you out there are running a Cyanogenmod 10 based ROM? That’s what I thought. Most ROM’s are built either from stock, AOSP or CM10 these days. Now you may have noticed the slight lag in CM10 based ROMs, thanks for a developer over on XDA there is a solution to that. And today we are going to show you how to fix it.
OMG!Droid is not responsible for any damage caused to your device while flashing.
This should work on any CM10 based ROM, but has been confirmed working on the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.
Download surfaceflinter-fix.zip from Mediafire.
A rooted Android device with a CM10 based ROM, some examples are Paranoid Android, Jellybro, Euroskank and of course Cyanogenmod 10 M1 and nightlies.
1. Place the downloaded .zip package onto your SD card, or internal storage if you do not have an SD card. Make sure you know the path to that file.
2. Turn off your device and enter recovery mode (varies per device).
3. Once in Recovery select Install zip from SD Card.
4. Next select choose zip from SDcard.
5. Select yes
6. Once the zip is done installing, return to the main menu and select reboot system now