How to flash Codename Android 3.5.0 to the GSM Galaxy Nexus
So yeah the Galaxy Nexus has Jelly Bean, even the Sprint Galaxy Nexus has Jelly Bean now. But most people find stock to be to boring. So here we have Codename Android ROM, which has more options than you could possibly sink your teeth into. Codename Android (CNA) is an AOSP ROM with some bits of code from AOKP and Cyanogenmod.
- OMG!Droid is not responsible for any damage caused in flashing your Galaxy Nexus.
- This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
- A Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the latest nightly build of Codename Android for the Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Download the GApp (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Codename Android ROM and GApps package ZIP files to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until your phone screen turns on. Select the Recovery mode option by using the Volume buttons and select it by tapping the Power button.
- NOTE: While in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and selectBackup on the next screen. Wait until your phone completely creates a backup of your ROM.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Locate and select the Codename Android ROM ZIP file. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the next screen.
- Once the installation is complete, repeat step 6, but use the GApps ZIP file. Confirm on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone. The first boot should take 5-7 minutes.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Codename Android ROM based on AOSP Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. If you have any problems, feel free to post in the comments below and we’ll do our best to assist you.