How to get the free 48GB of space in Dropbox from your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3
As most of us know, both AT&T and Verizon opted out of the promotion by Samsung and Dropbox for the free 48GB of dropbox space for Galaxy S3 owners. Well there is a way to still get it. The following method below is catered to the AT&T Galaxy S3, not sure if it’ll work on the Verizon Galaxy S3 or not because I have not tested it. If anyone wants to try it out, search XDA for a Touchwiz ROM for the Verizon Galaxy S3 and then follow the directions below.
- OMG!Droid is not responsible for any damage caused to your device
- This is for the AT&T Galaxy S3 only, model I7474.
- Download KyanROM from this link
- A rooted AT&T Galaxy S3 with a custom recovery like Clockworkmod or TWRP.
- Place the downloaded .zip onto your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery
- Once in recovery, select install zip from SD card
- Next, select choose zip from external SD card or choose zip from internal SD card, depending on which one you placed the .zip on.
- Confirm you want to install the .zip
- Return to the main menu
- Select Wipe data/factory reset
- Select Advanced
- Then select Wipe Dalvik Cache, and confirm
- Next reboot device.
Now you have installed a Touchwiz ROM that is based on another carrier’s Galaxy S3. This ROM does work pretty well on the Galaxy S3. Now to get your Dropbox storage:
Follow these instructions to get your free 48GB of Dropbox storage:
- Go to the Play Store and download Dropbox
- Once downloaded, login to Dropbox
- Wait about 5 minutes and you should receive an email similar to the one I received below
Congratulations! You know have around 50gb of Dropbox space that you can use however you like. If you didn’t receive your extra 48GB’s after following these directions, let us know in the comments and we will see what we can do to assist you.