How to install the latest stock Jelly Bean firmware (JRO03S) on the Nexus 7
Heads up Nexus 7 owners! There’s a new build available for the NVIDIA Tegra 3-based quad-core
tablet monster that can easily be installed by reading this post in its entirety. Before we tell you how to install it, let’s first take a look at what build JRO03S brings to the table, shall we?
Apparently, this build focuses on a number of internal issues, and aims to bring about performance enhancements and responsiveness improvements. I did a ton of digging around to see if there was anything else included, but couldn’t come up with any more information, so it looks like this is just a minor update, though it’s still one you’ll want to install if you’ve encountered any issues or bugs or your Nexus 7 as of late.
A big thanks goes out to XDA Senior Member jamesst20, who packaged the update in a flashable zip file that can be flashed via your favorite custom recovery package.
As always, the standard disclaimers apply here, as they do with the rest of our tutorials. We do not recommend flashing/hacking/modifying your devices in any way, unless you’re 100% comfortable with the process you’re carrying out, and you don’t care about voiding your device’s warranty. We cannot be held responsible for any damage you do.
With that out of the way, let’s get to the how to, shall we?
- Head over to the original thread on XDA and download the ROM to your device
- Reboot into recovery (We suggest using TWRP or CWM)
- Wipe your cache and dalvik cache (no need to wipe user data with this if you’re coming from a previous stock ROM
- Flash the ROM file you just downloaded
- Aroma Installer starts and gives you the option to flash the ROM with or without root (it is recommended to choose root)
- Wipe your cache and dalvik cache (yes, again!)
- Reboot and enjoy!
Now that you’ve got the latest version of Android 4.1.1 on your Nexus 7, be sure to stop back and let us know how JRO03S is treating you. Are you noticing any performance increases worth mentioning or bugs from earlier builds that are no longer pestering?