How to return to stock on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Do you need to take your beloved Galaxy S III back to AT&T for some repairs? Or you’re getting ready for the Jelly Bean update that is due to hit next month? Whatever the reason is as to why you need to return to stock, we’re here to show you exactly how to do it.
- OMG!Droid is not responsible for any damage caused to your device
- This method is only recommended for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747), but it will work on other variants of the Galaxy S III you’ll just need to download the proper ROM for your Galaxy S III.
- Your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747)
- Odin Flasher Tool – Odin3_v3.07
- Stock ROM Download: SGH-I747_ATT_I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1 (released July 2012)
1. Extract the .zip file you just downloaded
2. Next open up Odin
3. Make sure only “Auto-Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” check boxes are checked and no others are.
4. Put your Galaxy S III into Download mode
- Power off your phone
- Press Volume Down, Home and Power buttons all at the same time.
5. Connect your Galaxy S III to your computer
6. In Odin, select ‘PDA’ then browse to where you unzipped the ROM in step 1 above
7. Select the .tar.md5 file
8. Once the file is loaded into Odin and Odin recognizes your Galaxy S III select ‘Start’
9. Once it says ‘PASS’ you now have stock, patiently wait for it to reboot.
After your phone has rebooted, you may need to go back into recovery and do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset, and Clear Cache partitions if you are getting Force closes.
If you need any help restoring to stock, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to assist you.