HTC Quick Root: The universal solution for rooting any HTC device
Rooting might not sit at the top of everyone’s list of things to do when buying a new Android smartphone or tablet, but it is definitely the first thing I look for when investing in new hardware.
I want to make sure I’m buying a device that will receive support from the development community, so I can get my hands on all the awesome custom ROM’s, kernels, and mods that so many others are enjoying.
If you own, or are looking into buying an HTC phone, your journey to gaining root access just got a lot simpler, thanks to XDA Recognized Developer and Retired Forum Moderator, lyriquidperfection. He has released a simple one-click method for rooting and unrooting ANY HTC device.
The tool gives options based on whether your phone is S-On or S-Off. For S-On devices, it provides a known universal exploit to get the phone rooted with Busybox and SuperSU. For S-Off devices, it provides the option to root using an insecureboot.img.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? Well there’s more. Not only does HTC Quick Root do as its title implies, it also includes a slew of other features. Have a look at them below:
- Root Using Insecure ‘Boot.img’ (S-OFF Only) or Universal Exploit. (S-ON / S-OFF)
- Option to Flash ‘HBOOT’ Image after Rooting, even if your device is ‘S-ON’!
- Verify MD5 Checksum of ‘HBOOT’ Image after backing up and after flashing.
- Unroot Device by Patching ‘adbd’ binary as Insecure.
- Root Tools to Clear Battery Stats and Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot device to any mode after Rooting.
- Execute Reboot commands independently.
- Thorough Error Checking and Stable ADB Framework implementation.
- Includes BusyBox v1.20.2 and SuperSU v0.96
- boot.img and HBoot image flashing requires users to get their own files as those are device specific and aren’t included
Got root? You will after a quick trip to the original thread on XDA. Head on over, pick up the 1.61MB file, and welcome yourself to the world of rooted Android. Don’t forget to drop a thanks to the developer for his hard work and shout out any requests for features you’d like to see added in future builds.
Be sure to stop back and let us know how the tool worked for you.