HTC Teases ICS for the Rezound; Takes Update Page Down Before Anyone Got Creamed
Well, it looks like I’m not the only one suffering from Android-related depression today. That’s always good to know. Apparently, owners of the HTC Rezound were just about to get their long-awaited Ice Cream Sandwich update today; the update was live on HTC.com, Droid-Life reported on it and all. Too bad we have to say was, because it’s not there anymore.
Unfortunately, DL quickly updated their original post with the disheartening news that nobody had received the update yet, and HTC had yanked the update page from its site with no further details. Fortunately, they did manage to snag a screenie and a changelog info, but that’s not going to do you any good if you were hoping to get an official Android 4.0 update on your Rezound today. Check out the details below.
HTC Rezound™ Software Upgrade Instructions | 06.20.2012
This software update (Software Number: 3.14.605.10 710RD; Baseband Version:1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r) is now available for your HTC Rezound. It will update your device to the Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System (OS) and provide several enhancements, fixes and features, including:
Applications & Widgets
- V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
- Caller Name ID application has been updated and added to All Apps.
- Time zone issues have been resolved within the Clock widget.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
- Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly
So, there ya have it. Sorry for the false alarm, Rezound owners. Feel free to vent your rage in the comment thread.