Is the Jelly Bean update finally hitting Verizon Galaxy Nexus’ [Updated]
There have been multiple reports this morning of users getting a notification for a new OTA update on their Verizon Galaxy Nexus. And guess what the Build is? It’s JRO03O, which is Android 4.1.1. So far Verizon hasn’t made it official that the update is rolling out, but several people were able to pull down the update via the instructions below
1. From your phone, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4. Then choose “Clear data.”
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.
It looks like you’ll need to be connected to Wifi to get the update. If this works out for you let us know in the comments. Also let us know how the update looks and feels on your Galaxy Nexus.
Update: Verizon has now published the pdf documents for the update. Looks like this update is real and should be hitting your device very soon.
Source: Verizon Support