The Return to Rumor Island: Featuring the Samsung Galaxy S III
No need do adjust your lenses, folk — you’re reading correctly. I know, the SGSII has only been on store shelves for a little over 24 hours now. Did you buy one? Well, I hate to tell you this, but the Samsung Galaxy S III just arrived here on rumor island, and it brough a ton of baggage with it. Thanks to tipster from an anonymous 4chan user, the first dose of specs have begun to surface for the device Samsung is said to be planning to announce at MWC 2012 with a worldwide release planned sometime in mid-2012. The tipster does report that he has not actually used the device, but did hear about the specs of the device from Samsung reps and saw photos and slides of the device.
So what are these specs? Well, prepare to get your mind blown. According to our friend, the Galaxy S III will have:
- Quad-core 2.0GHz processor.
- 1.5GB RAM, expandable memory with 32GB built-in.
- 4.65-inch Super AMOLED III display developed specially for this phone with an odd 1280 x 1024 resolution, which will give it a pixel density of 352-PPI, the highest on a smartphone so far.
- 10 megapixel camera capable of recording 1080p videos at 60fps.
- Metal body with 9mm thickness and a 2,250mAh battery.
- Built-in NFC.
The device will be running on Ice Cream Sandwich with a TouchWiz 5 on top. This new version of TouchWiz will be a bit different from the current versions wherein it won’t be as comprehensive and will feature only minor changes to the OS. This will allow Samsung to provide quicker software updates in the future. via – GSMArena
Sounds pretty sweet, eh? Almost too sweet, don’t you think? In any case, the SGSIII has already started to cause quite a stir, nearly a year before its even rumored to be released.
Keep those browsers pointed at OMG!Droid, boys and girls. We’ll bring you more when we get more.