Splashtop 2 HD lands for free on Google Play Store: intense graphic gaming for your Android tablet
Splashtop 2 HD is now available on the Google Play Store for Android tablets. If you’re not familiar with Splashtop, it is a remote access client that allows users to access and control their home computers, completely through their device connected to the same WiFi network as the computer running the Splashtop client software. You can use it to view documents or videos, listen to music, or just about anything else you can do with your computer, without actually having to be in front of the machine.
The release of Splashtop 2 HD is huge for two reasons. First, it brings along with it support for playing graphically-intense 3D games, like Diablo III and Skyrim. You can also play your favorite Flash-based games as well, which is awesome if you’re into Farmville and those types of games — not my forte, but I’m willing to bet some of you are guilty. Don’t lie.
The second major plus here is that, in contrary to the steep prices that came along with previous versions of Splashtop, this one won’t cost you a single red cent. That’s right — it’s friggin’ free! How awesome is that, right?
Here’s the 411:
WITH SPLASHTOP 2, YOU CAN:
* Access all your programs and files with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Firefox, Safari, and other PC / Mac applications.
* Watch all kinds of videos, including Flash videos (Hulu, AOL Video, Yahoo Video, etc.), DVDs, Media Player, that are only playable on your computer.
* Listen to music in any format on your computer (WMV, Real, WMA, MP3, AAC, etc.)
* Play 3D games (like Diablo III, Civilization V) or all the Flash games (like FarmVille, CityVille, Pet Society, Café World, FrontierVille)
And with the in-app purchase of Anywhere Access Pack, you can also:
* Connect to your PC or Mac seamlessly from anywhere, including over 3G/4G
* Browse all your content securely across the Internet with the same encryption algorithms and technologies as the biggest banks in the world.
* Establish the fastest and most responsive remote connection with enhanced reliability and self-optimizing network capabilities.
* Windows 7, Vista, and XP (including Home Premium), or Mac OS X 10.6+ (Snow Leopard or Lion is required for Mac users).
* A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance.
* Internet connection is needed to use this app.
* Download Splashtop Streamer from www.splashtop.com
* Install Splashtop Streamer on your computer and enter your Splashtop Account
Besides Android tablet, Splashtop is also available for iPad. iPhone and Android phone version will be coming soon.
The purchase of this app includes license to access up to 5 computers.
If you’re rocking a PC and an Android tablet, there’s absolutely no excuse not to pick this app up. Do so with the link below, then drop back and hit up the comment threads to let us know how you’re liking it.