T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich Update Available Now
T-Mobile customers who own a Samsung Galaxy S II now have a little something to get excited about. Just as planned, the Ice Cream Sandwich update is now available for your device and can be downloaded using Sammy’s Kies software for Windows or Mac computers. There will not be an OTA update, so this is the only way to get it. Check out the full changelog below:
Android version 4.0.3/ Software version T989UVLE1 – Current optional update version
- Android version 4.0.3/ Software version T989UVLE1 Note: See Top 10 things to know about TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS) update.
- Manual Update ONLY (Size varies based on previous software version)
- Approved 6/11/12
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- CMAS improvement
- Wi-Fi Calling enhancements
- Voicemail enhancements
- Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVKID/KL1/LDE update
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- At least 50% battery life
- Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVLDE – Current OTA version
In addition to getting the latest, most awesome flavor of Android to date, build T989UVLE1 also brings device stability improvements. For the full instructions on how to download the update, head on over to Samsung’s support page and do your thing. Once you’ve got the update installed, be sure to stop back and let us know what you think.