Transformer Pad Infinity News!
By now you all should’ve heard that ASUS is planning on releasing another one of their iconic Transformer branded tablets in the US soon.This new entry in the series is named the Transformer Pad Infinity (Tf 700) and will be a great upgrade since the Prime 201 and even the Pad 300; no 4-,5-, or 600 series in sight.
Now the Infinity doesn’t add a boatload of new features since the Pad 300 but it’s selling point is what it wants everyone to focus on. That selling point would be its new HD screen, with a very boastful 2+ million pixels. Ready for bleeding eyes? Also some spec updates include a revamped Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, Updated RAM, and Gorilla Glass 2.
Here’s an “as-full-as-possible” spec list, including pricing:
- US Release: July 16 is expected, but the date is flexible.
- International Release: As per ASUS, the Wi-Fi variant of the TF700 should come to Europe and Asia Pacific in July or August, and the 3G/4G variant should show up in August or later.
- Price: $499 for the 32GB model, $599 for the 64GB, and $150 for the dock
- OS: Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich), plus some light manufacturer customizations
- CPU: NVIDIA Tegra 3 T33, up to 1.7GHz
- RAM: 1GB 1600MHz DDR3
- Display: 10.1″ FHD IPS display at 1920×1200 pixels and up to 600nits of brightness, protected by Gorilla Glass 2
- Camera: 8MP rear (revised and improved from the Prime) and 2.0MP front
- Battery: 25Wh for tablet, 19.5Wh for dock
- Dimensions: 10.35″ (262.89mm) wide, 7.11″ (180.59mm) tall, .33″ (8.38mm) thin, and 1.31lbs (594.2 grams).
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11b/g/n
- Colors: Amethyst Gray and Champagne Gold
So damn, what an impressive looking tablet, that also has great cosmetic beauty. Also if you paid attention to the list, they are working on a LTE version. As with all LTE devices in the states, don’t hold your breath for a quad-core processor. Word is that ASUS is working to bring Snapdragon S4 in their tablets, but do you really need cellular data?
Here’s promo video, don’t nerd everywhere now…