[Updates] Someone Creamed On the NS4G
So Google and Sprint finally decide that the update to Android version 4.0.4 for the Samsung Nexus S 4G is ready for the mass public. That’s great but, you’re saying that you haven’t received it yet? Well we here at OMG!D have you covered like white on rice (unless you like brown/yellow/etc rice, if so No UPDATE FOR YOU!).
Anyways the instructions on how to update your NS4G WITHOUT wiping your data and other miscellaneous information are below, with download links below. Enjoy
- Download the file and rename it to update.zip (make sure it’s named update.zip and not update.zip.zip if you’re using Windows and have it set to hide file extensions).
- Move the file to your phone’s /sdcard directory using your favorite method – the easiest way is probably mounting the phone as disk using a USB cable.
- Reboot your phone and when it starts booting back up, hold Volume Up + Power.
- Select Recovery.
- The phone will reboot into recovery but first it’ll show an exclamation point and a triangle. At this point, mash the Power and Volume Up buttons a few times until the recovery screen shows up.
- Select Apply sdcard update.zip, which should start the update process.
- Reboot and enjoy Android 4.0.4.