Verizon Reveals The Stratosphere As It’s First LTE 4G QWERTY Slider
Verizon has announced the release of it’s first 4G LTE QWERTY Slider Android device. It will be called the Samsung Stratosphere. They have also announced that it will be available via online as well as in stores starting October 13th. That’s right, in just 2 days from now. This device will be available at the price of $149.99(after a $50 mail-in rebate) which is just half the price of the Droid Bionic.
Here are just a few specs of the device:
- Galaxy S – class device
- 4G LTE radio: 5-12Mb/s advertised downstream, 2-5 Mb/s advertised upstream
- 1GHz single core Hummingbird proc
- 4GB onboard storage, 4GB microSD card preinstalled, 32GB max microSD capacity
- 4″ 800×480 WVGA Super AMOLED display
- 5-row QWERTY physical keyboard
- 5MP rear shooter, 1.3MP FFC
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Verizon is marketing this device as a mid-level device currently. While it’s not the top of the line such as their flagship device, the Droid Bionic, this appears to be much nicer than an entry level device. While giving up some of today’s new and much loved technology just to get a physical QWERTY keyboard, you have to ask yourself: Do you want and/or need a physical QWERTY that bad to give up some of those nice options that other devices have.